Today I'd say was the most adventurous we've had in a while. It all started with a bit ealier than normal awakening by the kiddos, a great breakfast, fun dance party/put lil' Joseph down for his nap and time for "chores." Kaylena has a chore board type thing- an idea stolen from our friends- and likes to pick out one or two things to do at a time. It's great though- cause it takes her FOREVER to get them done because of the distraction. Example: Put shoes away turns into putting shoes away, then trying on the other ones, then putting them all back, then seeing the little people bucket, then putting the little people in the shoes, then putting the shoes back, then running around and then.....she's done. :) Which is great- because I do the same thing. Example: Put shoes away, oh- the closet is dirty, sweep closet, sweep hall, sweep kitchen, oh kitchen dishes need to be done, do dishes, oh I need a towel- grab last towel, oh! I should put more in...do laundry- Yay! :) Although a bit scatterbrained, I DO tend to wrap up all the projects before the day is done. Most of the time.
In the midst of all that, Kaylena had gone to the bathroom and was washing her hands and playing in the water like she normally does. Great, right!? I told Jason I would sacrifice a shower that day to put that water towards a good 5 minutes of play-time for her. hahahaha Nonetheless, this time she was playing, I was folding laundry, and Joseph was sleeping. I'm listening to her, and all of a sudden I hear a strange tickling sound. Then a dripping, then a pouring type. I can still hear her singing, so I know SHE'S fine, and without hurry I walk around the corner to the bathroom where I proceed to not only step in a river of water before I get to the bathroom, but as I step around into the bathroom, see her sitting on the counter with her feet in the sink- with the stopper down and water flowing out of the top of the sink onto the counter, then onto the floor and out the door AND out of that "emergency hole" thingy that falls into the cabinets and then down to the floor. My first reaction was to start laughing.....kind of like when she was in her crib as a baby and then all of a sudden she climbed out and came out to the living room and said, "hi!" one night....Laughter. Some yell, some grab their camera, I just stand and laugh. :o) (Thanks mom)
Needless to say, our next activity was grabbing those towels I was holding to mop up the water- and then proceed to clean the rest of the bathroom, take everything out of the drawers and put it in a basket to dry/go through, let everything dry/hand dry it and then later this afternoon put everything back. I had clean the bathroom on tomorrow's agenda, but today was just a good a day to do it.
While in the bathroom-drying process, I was trying to think of a fun Thanksgiving craft to do with Kaylena. I had remembered seeing someone make a snowman out of potatoes, so I thought we could do a Turkey! And we had some Cars marshmallows that were different colors to use for the feathers!!! Well, the initial photo of our turkeys had mine with the marshamallows on it- and Kaylena's with just toothpicks sticking out of a potato because she ate all her marshmallows. THAT was funny too. Then while she was napping, I got out the pom-poms (poof-balls) and had her put those on instead. It was too hard for her to get them on herself, so she just handed me the balls and showed me where to put them. Amazingly, she saved all the brown ones for last and put them on the front toothpick. Seriously, that was awesome. Then we added the eyes and a pipecleaner for that turkey gobble thing! It worked a lot better than the marshmallows in that she didn't eat them, but the marshmallows were tons easier to put on. Oh well, her's looks super cute!
And tonight Jason put the kiddos down so I could go the gym ealier- and when I came home and went to say goodnight to Kaylena, she pulled out three plates of the candied pretzels we had done earlier that day. Lol- I had her bring them out to show Jason that she had them and he was like, "What!? where did those come from?" "Kitchen, dada!" haha-duh! She's such a sweetie.
1 comment:
I think Kaylena was saving some candy for YOU Calista !!
Momma !!
Post a Comment