Thursday, March 15, 2012

The camera battery ran out of power and while I *thought* I was charging it all day today for our activities tonight yet alas, 'twas not so.  So...here's a picture from about a month ago of our girl cutie.

This morning was quite the unique one.  About 5:30 I rolled over to hear "Duck Tales" playing in the living room.  Kaylena had gotten up and put it in, watched it, then fell back asleep in the living room.  She then slept in the middle of the floor until about 8:30 when Joseph just could not stand being quiet any longer!!!  So, we had a leisurely breakfast, got ready, and proceeded out the door to go grocery shopping.  We did a one-stop-shop at Aldi which got most of the random stuff from our list taken care of, headed back to the house to drop it all off, then on over to Wendy's for a couple burgers.  It was around 10:45 by the time we left the store, and since playgroup had already started, I figured we might as well grab lunch so that we weren't cranky while were getting there late and thus leaving early.  So about the time we showed up to the park, the majority of the crowd was leaving...which was fine though...the park was still there for us to play on!!  And play we did...until about 1:15.
Then, tonight since Jason had the last night of Parent-Teacher Conference, I loaded up the kids to head out to Choctaw to see the elementary school do their Jumprope Team Performance.  It was actually REALLY neat!  I would compare it to a band concert except...jump ropes!  The coach is our choir director, Sister Wilson, so we figured it'd be fun to see it!!
After doing that, we all got home about the same time- so it was nice to do baths and bed for the kiddos, while Jason gathers up his things for a full 2-day camping trip with the Scout Leader for them to work out the details for June's High Adventure Trip.  Should be fun! 

3 comments:

Morgan said...

You should come hang at our house while Jason goes camping in June...just an idea.

Lively Luckinbills said...

Whoops! That comment was not from Morgan...I was still signed in under her blog from when I updated it...Twas really just me, Leighanne

JC Choate said...

hehe....that WAS a bit confusing. Especially about reading the other day how her and her companion got locked out. hehehe. And YES! It's the first week in June, I'd sure love to spend some time out there!